As the technology for health gets advanced for improved vision correction, making a decision to choose among the options can be one of the best advantages for you. Going by the expert advice of doctors and specialists of most ideal for a lasting healthy vision.
Among such options, you will come across implantable contact lenses (ICL) surgery which is exclusively designed for lens implant as a permanent solution with no additional maintenance.
ICL surgery, also known as an Implantable Collamer Lens which is inserted just behind the iris. It is between the eye’s natural lens and colored iris. The main aim of this procedure is to change the eye’s focusing power and also decrease the need for eyeglasses or contact lenses. ICL is mostly used to treat severe myopia and astigmatism.
The procedure of ICL Surgery in Himayat Nagar brings your eye’s existing lens to bend light on the retina resulting in improved vision correction.
ICL consists of plastic and purified collagen which naturally occurs in your body. This implant is soft, flexible, and provides ultraviolet light protection as well.
You will hear ICL as “implantable contact lens” or “permanent contact lenses”
ICL is considered as a very good option for people who are too nearsighted for LASIK or PRK. Additionally the following factors must also be considered:
- You are between the age of 21 and 45 years old
- Having nearsighted vision with either mild or severe myopia
- Did not have a change in prescription of more than 0.5D in the past year
- You are in need of a procedure that does not create dry eye syndrome
- You have adequate endothelial cell density and adequate anterior chamber depth for safe and secure implementation of the procedure.
- The Verisyse Phakic Intraocular Lens (IOL) made of plastic is attached to the front of the iris and this careful process is recommended as best for people with nearsightedness of between -5 diopters to -20 diopters.
- The Visian Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL) is made of collamer, which is a substance naturally found in the body, is implanted behind the iris, it’s recommended for people with myopia between -3 and -20.
It is important to discuss the best treatment options with your ophthalmologist prior to considering a decision. Considering vision deficiencies such as astigmatism, and other conditions of your lifestyle requirements, you should be able to determine the best option for vision correction.
Implantable contact lenses (ICL) are thin lenses implanted into the eye through a surgical procedure to correct moderate to severe nearsightedness and this process of correction produces much clearer and sharper image.