PRK (Photo Refractive Keratectomy )
PRK Surgery in Himayat Nagar
Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) is another type of refractive surgery and this kind of surgery uses a laser to cure vision problems caused by refractive errors. This means, this error does not bend light properly
In this stage, we use a laser to change the shape of your cornea and it improves the way light rays are focused on the retina. PRK is used to treat myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism.
The goal of PRK Surgery is to correct your eye error to improve your vision. Further, PRK may also reduce your need for eyeglasses or contact lenses. In some instances, you may also avoid them completely.
If you have dry eyes or thin corneas and if you choose to have a refractive surgery, PRK may be a good choice for you.However, you are required to meet the following criteria :
Older than 18 or above Have the same prescription which has not changed in the last year. Eye prescription that did not change in the last year. Refractive error must be the one that can be treated with PRK.
- Your corneas need to be healthy and your overall eye health should also be good.
Sometimes you are not suitable to PRK treatment and some of those instances are:
An unstable refractive error Skin or other disease History of scarring Cornea abrasions or disease
- Advanced glaucoma A cataract affecting vision Pregnant or nursing women
- History of certain eye conditions
We’ll explain you about other conditions and to determine if you are suitable to get treated with PRK, we’ll examine your eyes and perform the following tests:
Check overall health of your eyes Measurements of cornea Check your pupil size Measure your refractive error
Your vision needs
- Based on your lifestyle, we will discuss your vision needs. PRK allows you to do most of your tasks without corrective lenses. However, you may have to wear glasses for certain activities, such as reading or driving at night.
- After thoroughly checking your vision, we will ensure if you are suitable for PRK treatment and further initiate the following steps.
Test your vision
- Check your eyes for identifying problems
- Measure and craft the surface of your cornea
- Measure your pupil size
- Trans PRK Procedure in Hyderabad usually takes about 15 minutes and our eye surgeons administer the procedure efficiently. The recovery process after PRK surgery may take upto a month. After 3-5 days you can wear sunglasses to avoid direct exposure to the sun and you will improve gradually.